A five step plan to allow a safe, gradual return to corporate worship
The following plan was developed by the St. Mark’s Re-gathering Task Force, taking into account local and state rates of virus spread, CDC guidelines, local and state government re-opening guidelines, and protocols developed by the Episcopal Diocese of Florida. This plan was created with the intent of safely bringing our church community together again and includes protective measures to safeguard the health and well-bring of our fellow parishioners, while also honoring their spiritual needs. This plan provides for moving between steps with fewer restrictions as virus activity data allows. The decision-making criteria for a step forward will be a sustained decline in the number of new cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Please refer to each step for the specific gating criteria. This is an evolving situation that will require flexibility; movement between levels may occur in either direction based on virus activity.
Below are highlights of Step 4; you can use the button below to download the plan in its entirety.
STEP 4 HIGHLIGHTS
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES
Sunday Services: Larger re-gathering (120 in-person maximum per service) and live-streamed.
- Several in-person worship services are held in the church with overflow available in the chapel and Leatherbury Hall.
- Modified Communion continues.
- Virtual worship continues on church website, Facebook and YouTube.
- Continue to expand the number of choir members, musicians and lay participants involved in the service but with some restrictions in place and following the necessary protocols.
- Congregational singing may still be restricted.
- Gradual re-gathering will continue to follow current safety protocols.
- Hymnals, Books of Common Prayer, and other objects may be returned to the pews.
- Governance and program committees, adult education, Sunday school, Bible study, youth and community groups are held online and/or in-person, in coordination with the church office, with proper physical distancing and face mask protocols for the selected space.
- In-person children’s chapel and nursery are available.
- In-person pastoral care resumes.
- Mission and Service outreach continues using physical distancing and face mask protocols.
- Weddings, funerals and baptisms are conducted on a limited basis inside the church with 120 or fewer family members present, following proper protocols. Live-streaming to additional family and friends is an option.
- Facility sanitization measures are ongoing.
- Grace Lunch: Delivered safely to those requesting meals, when available.
- Outside groups and events welcomed with proper physical distancing protocols and face coverings for the selected space.
- Church offices are open with physical distancing protocols, face masks and proper sanitization measures in place.
- The Red Lion Gift Shop is open with physical distancing protocols and face masks required.
- All staff have returned to workspaces on campus following safety protocols including face masks in common areas and frequent hand washing.
- Staff members who are ill should stay home until medically cleared.
- Staff meetings should occur in a properly ventilated church space that is large enough to accommodate appropriate physical distancing protocols.
Previous updates from St. Mark's:
- March 15, 2021 - click here
- January 30, 2021 - click here
- January 8, 2021 - click here
- August 26 - click here
- July 20 - click here
- July 3 - click here
- June 11 - click here
- May 28 - click here
- May 22 - click here
- May 14 - click here
- May 6 - click here
- April 23 - click here
- April 2 - click here
- March 18 - click here
- March 12 - click here
- March 5 - click here