Galatians - Freedom of the Gospel
Throughout this 6-part series, clergy will explore Paul’s letter to the Galatians and its message of freedom for all who put their faith in Christ.
- January 10, 2021 (the Rev. William Stokes)
- January 17, 2021 (the Rev. Cn. Dr. Douglas Dupree)
- January 24, 2021 (the Rev. Cn. Nancy Suellau)
Advent: The Once and Future Coming of Jesus Christ
This clergy-led series explores the coming of Christ from the perspectives of St. Paul (Dec. 6), John the Baptist (Dec. 13), and Mary & Joseph (Dec. 20).
- December 6 (the Rev. William Stokes)
- December 13 (the Rev. Cn. Dr. Douglas Dupree)
- December 20 (the Rev. Cn. Nancy Suellau)
In this clergy-led book study, parishioners follow David Zahl's book, Seculosity - how career, parenting, technology, food, politics, sports and romance became our new religion and what to do about it.
- October 18 (the Rev. William Stokes)
- October 25 (the Rev. Cn. Nancy Suellau)
- November 1 (the Rev. William Stokes)
- November 8 (the Rev. William Stokes)
- November 15 (the Rev. Cn. Nancy Suellau)
- November 23 (the Rev. Tom Murray)
God and the Pandemic
This clergy-led class explores N.T. Wright's book, God and the Pandemic, and also delves into relevant scriptural resources. Please click below to watch.
- September 13 (the Rev. Cn. Nancy Suellau)
- September 20 (the Rev. Tom Murray)
- September 27 (the Rv. Cn. Dr. Douglas Dupree)
- October 4 (the Rev. William Stokes)
- October 11 (the Rt. Rev. John Howard)
C.S. Lewis Book Study
The Rev. Cn. Nancy Suellau and the Rev. Neely Towe are leading an 8 week study on C.S. Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters.
- October 1 (letters 1 & 2) - click here to listen
- October 8 (letters 3-6) - click here to listen
- October 15 (letters 7-10) - click here to listen
- October 22 (letters 11-14) - click here to listen
- October 29 (letters 15-18) - click here to listen
- November 5 (letters 19-22) - click here to listen
- November 19 (letters 23-26) - click here to listen
- December 3 (letters 27-31) - click here to listen
Philippians: Joy in Crisis
Discover how Paul's message of joy and unity in his letter to the Philippian church can inspire us in our challenging year to become part of God's "harvest of righteousness." In addition to our website, the below audio is available wherever you listen to podcasts. Simply search "St. Mark's Episcopal Church Jacksonville."
Community Webinar Series
The Rev. Cn. Nancy Suellau discusses a variety of topics relevant to today's environment. Please click the topic name below to watch.
- Remote learning (Christine Burkett) - April 20, 2020
- Covid-19 (Dr. Annie Egan) - April 27, 2020
- Serving abroad during Covid-19 (Laurel Lee) - May 4, 2020
- Mental wellness (Vance Meyer, National Alliance on Mental Illness) - May 11, 2020
- Classical spiritual tools during a time of Covid-19 (the Rev. Cn. Dr. Allison DeFoor) - May 18, 2020
- Step 1 Re-gathering updates (Re-gathering Task Force representatives) - June 1, 2020
- The impact of Covid-19 on urban ministry (the Rev. Cn. Beth Tjoflat) - June 8, 2020
- Music in times of trial (James Holyer) - June 15, 2020
- Stress and anxiety in children among Covid-19 (Denise Warner) - June 22, 2020