From homeless and hungry to assistance abroad, St. Mark’s offers a wide range of ministry outreach opportunities throughout the year. Please contact The Rev. William Stokes for more information about any of the missions listed below.
“And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you have done it to one of the least of these my brothers, you have done it to me.” Matthew 12:40
OneBlood of Jacksonville’s mission is to enhance the health and well-being of others through work with blood and stem cell products and by facilitating scientific research. St. Mark’s supports this organization by hosting two to three blood drives per year.
The Contemporary Music Team is an intergenerational group of singers and instrumentalists that lead worship at the 9 a.m. contemporary service every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sunday.
The music incorporates contemporary and folk music, and even traditional hymns done in a “contemporary” way. Musicians of all ages and at all skill levels are encouraged to participate.
Rehearsals are at 8 a.m. on Sunday before the service at 9 a.m. The Contemporary Music Team takes a break for the summer from roughly June until September.
An outreach mission of the Episcopal Diocese of Florida, St. Mary’s strives to be the face, heart, and hands of Jesus Christ to all who come through the doors. The organization’s primary goal is to welcome everyone into the family of God, enabling them to experience His love and discover the plan He has for their life within a supportive community.
- Food drives – Provide food items and/or financial support, transport food items and stock the pantry
- Terrific Tuesday – Serve at the food bank on designated Tuesdays, distribute food, attend evening worship services and prepare and serve meals after the service
- Scheduled Workdays – Help with gardening and grounds, clean-up, and paint
- Children & Youth Activities – Vacation Bible School, theater, music and other youth activities
- Special Projects – Hurricane response, Christmas and other special programs, onsite retreat support with gifts of hospitality and prayer
- Financial – Funding for operations, new equipment for food program, emergency food for those in need and facilities maintenance
For over 30 years, St. Mark’s has cherished a companion parish relationship with St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Itabo, Cuba. We support St. Mary’s with financial resources which have provided critical renovations and additions to the church. Each week during our worship services we pray for the parishioners of St. Mary’s whose lives and ministries are linked with ours. Most years, a small group of parishioners travel to St. Mary’s as part of a mission team. Opportunities are available to assist in special events to raise funds for special needs as they arise in Itabo.
The mission of Westside Christian Outreach (WSCO) is to minister the love and compassion of Christ through outreach and evangelism by supplying temporary resources of relief to individuals that meet a criterion of crisis, regardless of race, color or creed. WSCO meets the legitimate needs of those who seek aid and assistance from our local churches. St. Mark’s supports WSCO by manning the phones, distributing food, participating in food drives, financial support, and Christmas gift giving.